Today at 7:15 AM I had my blood taken to ensure my hormone levels were A-OK for baby making. Luckily, the fertility center is right by my job so I'm usually able to pop in right before work. As always it was brief and painless. Unlike all my previous bloodwork, this had to be done at a really specific point in my period. The second to third day of heavy bleeding, to be exact. Now here's the weird part, I'm starting birth control today for the first time ever. EVER ever.
See as a queer lady, I'm used to sexing with people who won't get me pregnant, even though we try really hard sometimes. This is some new "Straight Girl" territory for me. It was almost a rite of passage for all my female friends to start birth control. I watched them complain about weight gain, boast about bigger boobs, mourn their diminished sex drive, and dance a happy dance over fewer cramps and breakouts. Everyone's reaction was so different and I wonder what will happen to ME?! I'm going to be on this shit for two months straight with no placebo week. That's right. I'm skipping the week of sugar pills where your period normally comes so I can get super duper fertile and get my period in synch with fertility center's harvesting date.
We'll see how this goes for me.........
No comments:
Post a Comment