Hello World,
I'm a young, broke, queer, overly educated, and most importantly, FERTILE woman looking to ease my financial woes by becoming an oocyte donor. Today was the last day of various tests to assure the good doctors at my fertility center that I am indeed carrying hundreds of healthy, rip-roarin, slap-yo-mama-you-so-fierce,
little bundles of joy.
Let's go back to the beginning, shall we? Once upon a time there was a girl with multi-colored hair wondering about the advertisements for egg donors in her college newspaper. You see, her college was one of them fancypants, prestigious, women's colleges; a veritable goldmine of ovaries with above average SAT scores. Now, this girl always thought this seemed like a great idea. She never really wanted babies of her own and was passionate about reproductive rights for both contraception AND fertility. Meaning that women who don't want babies should have access to birth control and education and women who do want babies shouldn't be vilified for using science, money, and other women's eggs to become mothers. Feminism, y'all. Trusting women to make the right choices for themselves. Plus, it seemed like a great way to help pay my growing student loans....
A few years later, I had moved back to the good old U.S. of A. from my three year post college stint in Europe. I had just turned 25 and I realized the real world is HARD! (Europe is not the real world) I will never have enough money to pay off my damn loans and afford to live the lavish lifestyle that I dream of! (by lavish I mean moving up from a studio in Queens to a real big girl one-bedroom!......in Queens. with a cat. maybe two.)
Soooooo I took the plunge and searched for "EGG DONOR NYC" on the interwebs.That started a few months ago. Today I got my baby hormones.........
No comments:
Post a Comment