Thursday, September 13, 2012

boring......

Day 2 on Follistim

Fun Fact: Follistim is also prescribed to men to increase sperm count.

Nothing super exciting or gross to report today. No unusual vaginal discharge, dizziness, nausea, urge to kill kittens, etc. I felt just regular PMS bloated like yesterday. I went back for more blood work this morning but no pap or ultrasound. Up until now this has been a really low key process but it looks like I'll have to go in pretty often to check my hormone levels and follicle size. Still, it's pretty manageable as the visits only last a few minutes.

On my way out of the fertility center, I asked my nurse if there are any foods, drink, or ACTIVITIES that I should avoid. I lingered for a while when I mentioned the ACTIVITIES and tried sounding as much like a horny pervert as possible. (I want sex info remember?) She just scrunched up her cute little face a little and casually mentioned avoiding excessive alcohol consumption. Sigh.

This afternoon, I got a call after my blood work was processed to tell me that my new dose of Follistim is 125 IU down from 200 IU, so tonight I'll take my third shot at this new dose. The more I try to find info about horrible side effects for this drug the better I feel about taking it. It seems to be a pretty straightforward synthesized version of the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) that women already produce. No big deal. Obviously, a dosage that is too high could result in ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) but that could also happen organically, sans injections. It seems like all these fears about the harmful side effects of these drugs are overly exaggerated. The drug that I'll be taking right before my harvest to stimulate ovulation seems a bit scary but it's only 2 doses.

Remember the epic 2000 movie LOSER with Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari?

Of course you do. Well, then you clearly remember when Mena Suvari decides to donate her eggs for tuition money and Jason Biggs saves her life with research proving that those fertility drugs will give her cancer! Either Jason Biggs is full of shit or the meds around in 2000 were way scarier than the ones I have in my fridge now.

Tomorrow morning I'm back in for a super early ultrasound to check my OVARY SIZE! How weird is that? But I figure, if I can handle the ulrasonic dildo in me then I can handle a regular dildo, right? RIGHT! My boyfriend is currently in Florida and although we're not exclusive, I sort of only have eyes for him. Gross, right? Anyway, I want him to come back now so I can fuck the shit out of him. Hopefully, it won't jostle around my ripe ovaries too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment