Done with the needles! A mere twenty minutes ago, I injected my last two shots. The BIG ones. By this I mean Lupron and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). I was getting so used to my morning Follistim injection (to recruit my follicles) and not so used to my bedtime Ganirelix injections (to prevent ovulation and wasted eggs!) but I'm ready to be done with the needles. Even for me, it was getting to be a bit much.
As I mentioned earlier, I had super mild side-effects to all the previous meds. I think I'll have a harder time with the antibiotics that I'll be taking after the harvest (hello, yeast infection!). I'm knocking on wood that my good luck continues with the BIG shots. These two BAMFs (bad ass motherf*ckers) are supposed to induce ovulation. This is going to be the ovulation of the century as I'm hopefully carrying at least ten ripe eggs. They're also the least glamorous meds I've taken. At least the Ganirelix came in a glass pre-filled syringe. The hCG and Lupron came in nondescript glass vials that I had to jab with plastic syringes and swirl around to suck up all the drops. I was so thoroughly spoiled by the fancy Follistim pen. Here's a useful page detailing all the drugs (minus the Luprons) http://www.stanford.edu/class/siw198q/websites/eggdonor/procedures.html
So, lets be real with the side effects here. In the past few days the bloating has gone up. I have to be careful when I run or sit down too fast because I FEEL MY OVARIES JOSTLE AROUND INSIDE ME! It's sort of cool/creepy. My breasts are incredibly puffy and tender. I went from an A cup to a B cup and that shit hurts! My mood has been pretty content. Maybe a little extra horny? Craving carbs and chocolate? My skin looks pretty nice. Not too bad.
And finally! The harvest!!!
I think this is an appropriate outfit, don't you? My harvest is scheduled for this Friday at 9 AM. Can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment